they got a lineup for you.
The invasion takes place at Cassiopeia from May the 27th to the 28th—with the pre-show elsewhere—showcasing a range of bands both new and old, hailing from the USA to Brazil to Finland and beyond. In fact, a few of the bands playing this year's event were literal nobodies when the first Live Evil took place back in 2010, a point I raised with Tooth Log of Brooklyn's Natur at last year's festival. His reply was simple, yet very American: "WE'RE ALUMNI NOW, DUDE!" And right he was.
Take Occvlta, too. Their appearance back in 2010 was their inaugural desecration; now, the world waits as they prepare to drop their debut LP. So you've got some of the underground's success stories playing, with everyone's thrash favourites Antichrist closing proceedings at the after show on Saturday. Unfortunately Manilla Road declined to appear on this mix, citing their music is available online to listen to, but Live Evil did come up with this little 8-bit teaser. Damn, that really took me back to playing Castlevania on the SNES as a mulletted young Slayer-tee-wearing lad.
But onto the mix: almost 70 minutes of heavy, death, black, thrash, etc. All bands sent their songs over, and some even contributed exclusive tracks, so hails to them for their work in making both this and the festival happen. As not to show bias, I used the running order of the festival to arrange the track list, so it can also double-up as a kind of band time guide, or something. Shouts to Marek, and Ezio and Ricky of Wolf City, for making it happen. Snap up the few remaining tickets here.
1. Nachash (Norway) "A Necromancer's Lament" 
2. Vulcano (Brazil) "The Tenth Writing" 
3. Morbid Panzer (Germany) "Sodomizer of Death" 
4. Hard Action (Finland) "Tunnel Vision" 
5. Occvlta (Germany) "Last ov the Sabbaths (Live)" 
6. Zex (Canada) "Wild Blood (Alternate version)" 
7. Dungeon (UK) "Innocent Evil" 
8. Chapel Of Disease (Germany) "Symbolic Realms" 
9. Indian Nightmare (Germany) "Betrayers" 
10. Degial (Sweden) "Savage Mutiny" 
11. Amulet (UK) "Levitation (Hawkwind cover)" 
12. Bulldozer (Italy) "Another Beer (It's What I Need)" 
13. Vorum (Finland) "Current Mouth" 
14. Natur (USA) "The Invitation" 
15. Antichrist (Sweden) "Terror Dimension"