Monday 14 September 2015

DEMOndays I

Listeners to last month's show may have heard me lament the lack of places on the internet to discover old demos, right before I played a track from the Razor (USA) demo I found online somewhere recently. When I looked in my vault I realised this was demo number 691 and thought 'Hold on, maybe I should be the one to upload old demos' so here is the first installation of what will hopefully be a weekly post, every Monday, simply titled DEMOndays.
First up, the first (second?) Destruction demo. It seems some places say there is one preceding this that is just the first four tracks, from '83, but I think it's nothing more than internet urban legend. This demo fucking RIPS. In fact, I am not going to say any more. Just download and play it LOUD. "Frontbeast" is so fucking killer, I can't believe it didn't end up on any of their early albums. Btw, the top artwork is for the first-pressing of this demo, with the Skeletor-cum-Medusa one below belonging to the second press, both included in the zip folder.

DESTRUCTION (Germany) - Bestial Invasion Of Hell [1984]
1. Mad Butcher
2. Total Desaster
3. Antichrist
4. Frontbeast
5. Satan's Vengeance
6. Tormentor

I am hoping to some degree this post will become "interactive". By this, I mean that most of my files are rips from the internet and some, as killer as the music is, are not very good/high quality recordings. Also, sometimes the artwork is incomplete or low-res. So, what I am asking here is for people to help improve these demos. If you have a better recording, higher-res artwork, info regarding the demo, etc, PLEASE either mail it direct to me here or simply add a link in the comment section. Go on.

DISCLAIMER: If you own the recording and want it removed, please do not be an internet snitch and make a DMCA claim, just email me or leave a comment and I will remove it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dylan, thanks for this! I will help in any way I can. By the way, I had never heard of Amulet until one of your recent shows, killer band! Thanks for keeping the old school spirit alive! Take care. Rob.